Friday, October 31, 2008

Honored @ Homecoming 2008


There are very few things that can make me speechless. But when I received word that my alma mater - Valley Forge Christian College - was giving me an award as a "Distinguished Young Alumni Award" Emphasis on the 'young' :)

I felt, well, simply put unworthy. Just 8 years removed from Graduation the award is given to individuals that have made some accomplishments under 10 years after graduation. I along with Amanda (Rainville) Anderson were there to accept. In the room were decorated ministers including a 20 year veteran of evangelism Greg Hubbard, a two star general chaplin in the US Military and world renowned Author and counsellor Dr. Richard Dobbins - and then there's . . . me. One can feel like a guppy in a room like that. Nevertheless, I am humbled and greatly appreciate the award. I have my Savior to praise for His enduring love and patience with me. That being said, I would be remissed if I didn't take a well deserved moment to thank my wonderful and supporting wife who has encouraged me time after time with all things ministerial. She is a true anchor and a blessing from the Lord Himself. She is and will forever be my queen.

Thank you to my wife Elisha and all those who support this ministry.


Tony and Dr. Richard Dobbins

No comments: