Wednesday, July 30, 2008

July 30th - Pivotal Moments in Your Life

I find that as I look back and reflect on my life there are alot of things to be thankful for (and it's not even the Thanksgiving holiday yet, go figure.)

It was this day 15 years ago that I gave my life to Jesus Christ. Amazing how much time has passed yet as I blink I realize that half of my life I was apart from God. I went to an outreach where the Gospel was presented and people loved me for who I was not knowing what I would do with my life, only where I was. This is a key to ministry - Love.

Now, at 30, I am so grateful as I look at the place I am now. I am sitting here in my office (soon to be my 2nd child's bedroom) and look at all that the Lord has given me. An absolutely gorgeous wife, an adorable son and a beautiful home - just to mention a few. This is without mentioning the ministry that He has laid before me on the scale that it has become. The opportunity and awesome responsibility it is to represent Him. I can't fathom why. I am humbled. I heard it once be said, "the more I know, the more I realize I dont know." I really know what that means now.

Allow me to repeat the great Apostle Paul to the church in Ephesus,

2:1 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. 4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions-it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
NIV

moreover, "But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ."

Thank you Jesus for all you have shown me!

Always grateful. period.

No comments: