Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Report: Alexandria, Virginia

I met up with an old friend (shout out to Rob Casey) and met some great new ones as well. I was at First Assembly of God in Alexandria, VA under the leadership of Pastor Wes and Stephanie Johnson and let me tell you they have a great thing going on there. They are serious about serving the Lord and they are focused on the Lord's calling on that area. We had a great night Saturday with some great young people followed by a wonderful Sunday morning service where we celebrated a baby dedication along with a heart dedication ourselves. One thing that God recently showed me was that Christ did not call us to set people straight, He called us to set people free! Free with the purchase of Jesus' death on the cross. I am continually humbled by the fact that he loved me enough to leave heaven's throne and get beaten and mocked for me. His death has allowed me to be free from the many things that plague our society today. In reality, the seperation between God and man has been lifted by that very sacrifice.

God is in control and he hasn't lost track of you today. Take a moment sometime today and pray. Just, say some note of gratitude for what He has accomplished on your behalf. I promise, you get this and you will never see the cross the same again.

I would rather walk with God in the dark than go alone in the light.
- Mary Gardiner Brainard

keep chasing,
Tony

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo TOn,

Ok, I'm serious this time. I wish you would have told me you were going to be in Alexandria. Our church is in Alexandria and we would have totally driven like 5 minutes extra to see you! Total bummer! Anyway, let me know next time you are in the D.C. area! We would love to see you bro!

Jack