Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Mountain Top Experience

I just returned from Montana and I had a blast meeting new people and experiencing God's presence in the services. There were many that testified of God's goodness. A student wrote me and this with me. The person will remain nameless:

Tony, This week at SnowBlast has been amazing!

Within the past two weeks God has been speaking to me. One night he gave me a vision. He told me that He was coming soon, whether we were ready or not. One morning He revealed something to me for Fine Arts. I thought that it was going to lead up to something...

It did. It lead up to SnowBlast, everything that God showed me had been in the services. And in what I had heard people say throughout these days of SnowBlast.

I was shocked when you said that we would never have this day and these seconds again. I had never thought of anything like that before. I am now trying to live everyday to my fullest.

I realize that certain people won't like you. I've spent way too much time trying to find a way to get all these different people to like me. Now that I think about it, I don't know if I would want to be gothic just to get a gothic person to like me. God told me something that was in between me and Him was my vanity. I'm WAY TOO CONCERNED about how I look just like I said, so that people will like me. People don't have to like me. I'm a child of God and He loves me no matter what I look like..."


I am so grateful for thoughts like this. This is a growing concern for many. 'Will people like me' or 'what will so and so think'. I have reached a point in my life where I realize no matter how hard I try some people just won't like me. If they didn't like Jesus, they surely wont all like me! Let God like you.

Spurgeon said it best:
A good character is the best tombstone. Those who loved you, and were helped by you, will remember you when forget-me-nots are withered. Carve your name on hearts, and not on marble. ~C. H. Spurgeon

Keep carving,
Tony

No comments: