Monday, January 7, 2008

Mondays can be good too - MYTH?

I have always insisted that I didnt hate Mondays but rather Mondays hated me :) To some extent I still hold to that. However, sometimes Mondays are a blessing because I love reflecting on things God did over the weekend. I was away doing a great retreat for some friends in NJ and God really touched students. I am honored to pour into lives. It gets tiresome at times with the travel portion but this one wasn't a bad one. 1hr 45 was all it took and I was blessed to see over 150+ students yesterday flooding the altars asking God to use them to minister to their friends, family and to make a daily decision for Christ. The theme: MYTHBUSTERS and we did just that.

Myth #1. God always takes, He never gives = BUSTED
Myth #2. I can do this on my own, I dont need help = BUSTED
Myth #3. It doesnt bother God when I compromise a little = BUSTED

Sometimes we have a problem believing God wants to use us. But following Him requires faith. Many of us pray enough to be forgiven but not enough to make a difference.

Chew on that today and see what comes out.

~Tony

No comments: