Saturday, December 15, 2007

(*) Life Changed


In the midst of this Mitchell Report and the steroid era that has been taking place in and among baseball's best, one can't help but wonder "What HAS been real?" I have my opinions but this really has struck a cord within me. Some of my childhood heroes and their accomplishments are now "in question" because of this symbol. It has bothered me the past few days insomuch that I have turned off or deleted from my TIVO some of the reports. The asterisk (*) is a visible sign that there was something underneath - something has happened - someone hasn't been honest. Though disturbing as it is, that's not all that is bothering me. I look at this in the mirror as we all do and see how I can learn from others mistakes. Dictionary.com states this about this symbol this a small starlike symbol (*), used in writing and printing as a reference mark or to indicate omission, doubtful matter, etc. I, along with many others in ministry, want to change the world around us but the enemy comes to "steal, kill and destroy" (Jn 10:10) and we cannot take this battle lightly. We must be real with ourselves and our God. You know the bible talks about a report. Whose report will you believe? The enemy accuses us night and day in his report. Are any of those allegations true? We must bite the bullet and fight the fight.
Believe this with me: I cannot doubt, I will not run, I must not faulter. Christ and His glory is my goal and no symbol will be put next to my name in The Book of Life.

Till all hear,
Tony
((As always, I welcome your comments))

No comments: