Monday, November 10, 2008

EXTRAORDINARY Youth Convention - Burlington, NJ



WOW.
This weekend was a mixed bag of God's presence. We experienced God in so many ways I couldn't keep track of it all. Pastor Fabian is doing a great job out in NJ in leading students on a quest to know Jesus personally. About 1500 students gathered in Burlington to be caught up in what God is doing. Worship was led by Desperation Band and I was priviledged to bring the Word. There are some great friends and students in that great state. I cannot get an accurate number but about 80+ teenagers came forward to accept Christ the first night and admitted they didn't really know the Jesus I spoke of. I struggled like never before with my voice. The three sessions I covered, Sacrifice, Identity (as a portrait of God's Masterpiece) and the very incredible mission we have as believers. EXTRAORDINARY was the theme of the convention and was also the best word to describe what He did. Many were delivered and set free from numberous things. The altars were filled with young people wanting God. I will post some pictures to give a sample.

Here is a comment I received:
"tony...what another amazing Spirit filled time with you this weekend. God bless you and your family for all that you do and all you put into your ministry...I know the kids in my youth ministry were forever changed, including one who was able to let go of anger over losing his father tragically a few months ago. I know my life was rocked as well......finally grasping some truths in my own life! "You'll never know who you are until you know whose you are!" What an amazing truth! Thank you Tony for being His servant! I look forward to seeing you again in Jer-Z!!!!"

I am reminded of the verse that askes the question "Who am I that you are mindful of me?" When God began to break open these messages to share, He brought me to a place where I needed to injest the truth for myself before I can bring it to others. God is sovereign. This is not a new concept I just learned but one thing I have understood is that I have to unlearn somethings before I can relearn others. I must stay focused and reliant on Him. That is the jist of life in Christ. Trust in Him.





If you attended and have a testimony, feel free to comment.
Tony

more to come...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i jus wanna say that i wen i was ther i felt so close to God. it was the first time in a long time that i ever felt that way...im glad i was ther to renew my relationship cus i kno i have a big ministry and only i can fight for it and no one else. ^_^ thats wat God reveald to me :D God bless and take care

krista said...

This was my first year going to a youth group convention band i thought it wouldn't be any fun because I've never done it before i was kinda scared to go but when i was there i felt so close to god i wanted the convention to never end i loved it now i pray more and i haven't taking the Extraordinary bracelet off yet and i don't think i ever will and i will never forget the convention it was so much fun I LOVED IT.... the Desperation Band was great i am definitely going next year.