Sunday, June 1, 2008

Putting it off....

I am sitting in an airport in Phoenix waiting part of my 6 hour layover....geez.

I was thinking about something as I came across a quote. If you are anything like me, I am a different kind of creature. Some petty things I feel this need to get done while other crucial things I find myself putting off. What is up with that? This is a reality of ministry and just life. Good men who are good fathers and workers have the very real struggle to keep the main thing as the main thing.

Pablo Picasso said,
"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone."

Fight the good fight and do what must get done. Everything that must get done, do it. Everything else will and should wait. While I follow Christ I realize that lives are hanging in the balance of every decision I make. Finishing the race strong is important to me. Is it that important to you? Does you life reflect that? I haven't figured it all out but I am anxious to see what God has laid up for me as I am doing my best to honor Him with all areas of my life. "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways." Regarding this matter, think on it.

Tony

No comments: