Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Tony Montana (Prepare to LIVE)


I am preparing to head out to Montana tomorrow and am looking forward to a great event. I am doing a district youth retreat and look forward to impacting students for the furtherance of Christ our Lord. A friend of mine, Chilly Chilton, quoted someone recently on his great blog that I wanted to elaborate on and here it is:

"God does not give us everything we want, but He does fulfill His promises...leading us along the best and straightest paths to Himself."
- Deitrich Bonhoeffer


I am looking at church in America as we know it today and it frustrates me how many churches are trying so hard to please people and yet so willing to displease our Lord. I see alot on TV with the ministers that forget about sin and the repercussions of dabbling in it and treat God as a Deistic Santa Claus and forget that He is sovereign and ruler over all. We can pray bu as believers we have to trust that He knows what's best. I believe as much as the next guy that we must pray and believe, not just pray. I do also believe that we are the servants and not the master.We are to reach for Him not man. Each of us will come to an account for our very own lives one day and bow before the KING of kings and the LORD of lords. Make no mistake, He is Jesus. Today, prepare yourself to live! not just exist.

Psalm 68:20 NIV "Our God is a God who saves; from the Sovereign LORD comes escape from death."

He is who He says He is, trust Him today!

~Tony

No comments: