Monday, November 5, 2007

Staying for Seconds?

My family and I are wrapping up a great weekend here in Bluffton, Ohio. God has been so good to us. Allow me to retrace that last three weeks in capsule form:

We started several weeks ago at my great home church of New Covenant Assembly and there filling in the pulpit for my pastor 6 new commitments to Jesus Christ. What a great morning that was. It just never gets old when people make professions for Jesus. I pray that doesn't get old to ANY of us. Then last week we were at a wonderful church out in “Steeler Country”, Pittsburgh South Hills Assembly where I met a new found friend and pastor Jeff and Kay Stepp. They are doing a great work out there and great testimonies flowed from those services. God's people are responsive and this church was great to be a part of. Keep it up South Hills. Never stop chasing the Savior! This week we are at a church that we were last year with a great pastor friend, Terry Hunt. The past three services were building blocks and I think God is continuing to remind us Don’t just sit on the premises but stand on the promises There is so much that God is willing to teach us if we are in position to receive it. One great thing that stands out from this weekend here in Ohio is that several of the youth seem to get what God is saying through the Word. There is something stirring in their hearts. The Spirit is clearly showing me that they are on the brink of something great. I am glad to be able to be a part of that. Some think that evangelist bring the revival to them when most of the time it’s the expectancy that the congregation brings that will make the difference. My job as the evangelist is to provide a biblical spark so to speak. Truth is: Long after we are gone God is going to do something great, if you stay for seconds.

No comments: