Thursday, August 2, 2007

Pour Out


I was reading yesterday as I was preparing to speak on the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in Acts 10 and about how Cornelius was as the message translation calls it an "outsider Gentile" and I thought how cool is it when we as "outsiders" have been let inside by the cross of Jesus. Last night I got the chance to preach and more importantly watched as some of the most enthusiastic young people praised God will ALL THAT IS WITHIN THEM. To be quite honest, they put many to shame, including me. The reality is that the moment we are full of ourselves God has no room left to fill. Pour out and Fill us was our prayer last night as we watched a dozen people (including a leader) baptized in the Holy Spirit. I have thought long and hard, how do I see God move. Event after event the answer is clear. Preach the cross. Preach the word. Nothing else will do.

No comments: